Today we are going to talk about how to create a cabinet file off of an video tile cabinet. A cabinet file holds the information that the receiving card needs to know about the video tile. This includes information like pixels wide, and tall, grayscale, brightness, refresh rate etc. If you have an existing cabinet file you can load it from this screen or you can create one or pull the settings off of an existing cabinet.
How to pull a cabinet file from a cabinet
- Log in as an Advanced User. If you remember from previous post the password is admin or 666
- Click on Screen Configuration.
- Click Next
- Click on the middle tab
- Your screen should look something like this.
- To pull the setting off an existing cabinet. Click on Read for HW
- Than you can Save the setting by clicking Save System Settings
- You have just created your cabinet file.
How to send a cabinet file to a cabinet.
- Log in as an advanced user
- click Next
- Click on the Middle tab.
- click on Load From File
- Choose your Cabinet file. This will end with a .rcfg
- Click Send to Receiving Card